Monday, April 03, 2006

Visualizations for Blind Chess

It is definetely too early for me to start thinking about playing blind chess but these visualizations I tried do work. I tried last night to visualize the two new subvariations I learned of the king's Indian and even if it was taking a bit long I could see all of them.

The most difficult thing is to be able to locate all positions of the pieces in every single move ie to keep the mental image of the board before my mind's eyes. I am going to keep training these visualizations because I think that they do work. They force the mind to play chess 100% and not the hands. In the end it all comes from the mind but it is easier to use the real chessboard as a starting point for further analysis and calculations.

These subvariants last about 10 moves. I wonder how it would work with 20 moves. That would make things more complicated. Maybe I should learn a game by heart or play chess with my mind! :)) LOL

Another interesting thing is to imagine a chessboard, to locate random squares and try to give them their right name like g7, f4, e2 etc. Firstly from the white's point of view and then from the black's. I think I will start that one with a real chessboard first and then blind.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Λύκινος said...

θυμάμαι παλία σε μια εκδήλωση που βαριόμασταν ιδιαίετερα πρότεινα σε ένα φίλο μου να παίξουμε μια παρτίδα σκάκι,
-μα δεν έχουμε σκακιέρα
-δεν πειράζει θα λέμε τις κινήσεις προφορικά
παίξαμε μια προφορική παρτίδα (αν και δεν καταφέραμε να την τελειωσουμε φτάσαμε μόνο κάπου στην 20η κίνηση)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger admin said...

20η κίνηση είναι πολύ καλά!

ΥΓ: Μακαρι να μπορούσα να γράφω το ιστολόγιο σε δυο γλώσσες, χμμμ.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Λύκινος said...

έχω σκεφτεί κάποια από αυτά που γράφω να τα μεταφράζω και στα αγγλικά οπότε το ιστολόγιο θα είναι κάπως δίγλωσσο.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger admin said...

Δηλαδή σε ένα ποστ να έχει και αγγλική μετάφραση? Ενδιαφέρον. Κουραστικό όμως για τα χέρια :(.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home