Friday, April 14, 2006

Deep Fritz 8 :: A great and funny chess program

I installed Deep Fritz 8 today and I must say I am impressed! Chessmaster 9000 didn't make it for me, I got bored trying to find my way around it. Fritz on the other hand is funny! Plus it looks powerful. The settings are there in the form of small buttons just like in dreamweaver :))! And the "coach" warns each time you make a bad move.

The Coach (a funny strickt looking guy with a cigar in his mouth, a hat of the sixties on, holding huge chesspieces...) warns with subtle hints like: "Can't the million move monster simply catch your pawn." Or: "G1-e2? What nerve!" You can reply with:

-Give me a subtle hint.
-Give me a broad hint.
-I dont believe that.
-Ok I take it back.

What fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home